Here’s What We Know About IGTV
Tired of 60-second teaser videos you see on Instagram? Well, you’re not alone. After eight successful years, Instagram has launched the highly anticipated IGTV a new app for watching long-form, vertical video from your favorite Instagram creators, like LaurDIY posting her latest project or King Bach sharing his latest comedy skit. Here’s what we know so far about the new app:
- More screen time: Unlike on Instagram, IGTV videos can be up to an hour long.
- No more fuss or squinting: Videos are full screen and vertical, so they’re easy to see.
- You’ll discover A LOT of videos: IGTV will automatically play videos. These videos are categorized into “For You,” “Following,” “Popular” and “Continue Watching.”
- The Videos are sharable: It’s easy to share your favorite videos with your friends! You can like, comment and send videos to friends in Direct.
- You can easily create a channel: Anyone can be a channel creator! You can upload your IGTV videos in the app or on the web to start your own channel.
Does it seem like a hassle to pay attention to an entirely new app from Instagram? Well, you’re in luck. You can watch IGTV videos straight from your current Instagram app!
So what do you think, will IGTV help your business thrive on social media? Not sure how to make Instagram videos work for you? Let’s talk!